The initial version of this story is in preparation for the 50th reunion of our High School graduating class: I will start there. After High School I went to college in Calgary. The highlight of this period in my life was the summer of 1967, which I made the most of. First off, I met my wife to be, on a bus trip to a conference in Colorado. She was in High School and I was looking at the college girls. Eleven years later we were married. Another highlight of that summer was working at the Sermons from Science pavilion at Expo 67. After two years of college, I spent eight years getting a B. Ed degree in Industrial Arts from the University of Alberta. I then spent a year in South East Asia, with a non profit organization. After that I returned to Spruce Grove and taught a year at a brand new school on Enoch Cree Nation. If you are counting, the next year in 1978, when we got married and I taught High School in Hanna. In 1980, I went back to University of Alberta to get a Masters in Industrial Education, with a major in Educational Computing. I then taught Computer Literacy at Grant MacEwan College (Now a University). In 1985, I began a Ph.D. program at OISE (part of the UofT), doing my thesis on information networking in China. Then it was off to Singapore to work as an Educational Development Officer in technology at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. While there we were surprised by the arrival of our daughter Johanna. In 1994 we came back to Spruce Grove to raise her, teach and establish FACTS (Family And Community Twining Society). Twining stands for networking. We hire students to help us develop our networks, that bring people together (preferably face to face) to work on common goals assisted by digital technology. In 2017, I am preparing to pass the networks on to the next generation. They will be able to look back on 2017 like I am doing on 1967 and pass it on to a new generation. (see Canada 2017 Networks).
No comments:
Post a Comment